Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Birthday & Some Poker Stuff

Last Wednesday was my birthday and so I am a year older and evidently wiser. I celebrated throughout the Memorial Day weekend and now, one week later, the celebration of what could potentially be the next new national holiday is officially over. I managed to get some poker time into the celebration and had a nice win in the Wallingford game last Thursday night. I arrived a little late, just before 10 pm and there were eight players already seated and playing. I took a seat and I made my presence known on the very first hand I played, taking down a nice pot with trip sixes. Then I had one of those magical nights where everything just seems to go your way and it seems like there is no conscious effort involved. My chip stacks kept growing and I managed to stay out of trouble with lousy cards and still get paid off when I had a hand. At 2 am there were 3 players left including myself and we decided to cash out and call it a night. It was a good night!
This weekend I am heading down to the shore and will be playing some cards and hitting the beach. Summer is finally here!

2 comments:

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Yo PP!!
Sorry dude.....I forgot to send you a BM.

My Birthday Message is this:
"Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday."
--Stephen Wright

akjn westside said...

what date is your bday? ak's was the 28th...hope you had a happy one, and we'll buy you a drink or two when we see each other :)
Also, thanks for coming to the bbq-we had a great time :)