Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day


Hard to believe that it is May already. After the backlash I received about the puff piece on Paris Hilton, I will take a moment to write about myself. I have been gearing up for the Ultimate Poker Weekend at Borgata that starts this Friday, Cinqo de Mayo. The first event I am playing starts at 4pm Friday, and there are 3 more to choose from on Saturday with the main event being held on Sunday morning. I played in four online tournaments the past week and cashed in 3 with two 3rd place finishes. I have been hitting the books, as well, consulting some of the better reads from my vast poker library. It never hurts to go back and review some of the great strategy books.
Two of the events this weekend are rated so if I cash you will get to see my name in lights in the Cardplayer rankings again. The main event is called The Ultimate Super Satellite and will award as many $50,000 prize packages as the prize pool will allow. I expect there to be at least 6 prize packages awarded with some lesser amount of cash for a few other players. The package includes $10k in cash and 4 $10k buy-ins to upcoming major events at the Mandalay Bay, The World Series of Poker Main Event, Foxwoods World Poker Finals and the Boragata Poker Open. The Borgata buy-in is not transferable, but the others can be sold. I would most likely sell the Mandalay Bay seat and play the three, pocketing the extra $10k in cash.
I apologize to you all again for publishing the piece on Paris Hilton.

5 comments:

tedman said...

Nice, maybe I'll cruise down on Saturday and checkout the new and improved A.C.

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

PP:
Stand firm man! Apologize for nothing, the PH piece was in keeping with the theme regarding poker. I for one was much more enthused with this post as opposed to the deep fried cream puffs....

Kick some ass in AC....I'm feeling it...this will be your money event. PinF is sending the powerful karmic vibes your way...I'll need a first class ticket to Philly when you win to share in the spoils of your victory....

akjn westside said...

Good luck Tim! May the Force be with ou in A.C.

cns said...

you'd rather play poker than drink margaritas on cinqo de mayo?

oh brother pp

PokerPro said...

CNN, if you'd just come to Borgata you'd see they have one of the biggest Tequila bars in the world known as The Gypsy Bar! Where else can you get a $150 margarita??!!