Wednesday, December 28, 2005

World's Greatest Uncle

Well, it is official.
I am the World's Greatest Uncle and I have the commemorative keychain to prove it! Evidently there was some kind of vote and the decision was made. My goddaughter, Hannah, made the presentation on Christmas day.
Christmas really sped by this year. I remember getting up late Saturday morning to go out and do all my usual last minute gift buying and the next thing I knew it was Monday morning and it was all over! I spent Christmas Eve in South Jersey and drove out to my sister's in Oxford, PA on Sunday morning getting there just in time to miss what looked like a wonderful breakfast. Spending the day with my sister, her husband, my three nieces and my mom was fun. Dinner was great and I snagged some sweet loot, too. The electronic card shuffler was a great gift from mom and will save a lot of time as well as prevent the usual confusion and accusations of David Blaine-like maneuvers in the weekly home poker games. I am about to surf over to Amazon and cash in the gift certificates I received from my sister. I can never have enough books and usually read through a few tomes per week.
Now, the race is on to decide what to do for New Year's Eve. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

congrats on the worlds greatest uncle...that is very cool!
we all knew it, but now you have the keychain to prove it...can't wait to see it when we get home..don't get any body parts caught in the shuffler-judy did an awesome job with that gift! :)