Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend Update

I hate to say it, but this weekend was another one without any poker. I tend to slack off around the holidays unfortunately, but I do have big plans in mind for the new year so I guess it's OK for now.
Friday night was another quiet, uneventful evening. Saturday I ventured out to dinner at Hibachi in Springfield for a little teppanyaki experience. I went with the filet and red snapper combo and was not disappointed. I have to say that their flaming volcano specialty drink will put a buzz on you rather quickly! I indulged in a few of the original silver bullets, the 16 ounce Sapporo lagers!
As of this morning I am 22 points away from finishing in first place in the Delco Delinquents fantasy football league (looks like Tedman will clinch the fourth and final spot for the playoffs, as well!). As long as my opponent doesn't score more than 22 points in tonight's game I am golden! He has the Falcons Defense and Alge Crumpler, their Tight End. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
I haven't started any Xmas shopping yet, but it should be pretty easy this year with a few personalized Visa gift cards and a spa gift certificate all purchased online.
I have also started planning for a winter trip that will start with a few days at The Peninsula in Beverly Hills and end with the final destination being the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa on the island of Maui. I haven't been there since 1997 so I am really looking forward to going back.
Anyway, that's it for now. I am expecting to play in the Wallingford home game one night this week and hoping to squeeze at least one day down at the Taj or Borgata.

1 comment:

cns said...

spa gift certificate...how sweet of u tim