Friday, December 23, 2005

Thursday Night Game

Last night we faced off again in Wallingford for a no holds barred session of No Limit Texas Hold 'em. With 14 players showing up, it was impossible to play our usual game so we set up two tables and drew cards for random seat assignments. I ended up at the kiddie table. We didn't get started until 11pm so I knew it probably wouldn't be a long session and set out to make the best of it. I played solid poker as there is just no bluffing these players and not worth the risk. They call every bet, so you have to make sure you have the goods and then just try to trap them for as much as you can. They get lucky sometimes and draw out but you can't change the basic game plan. I was up a few hundred at one point and ran into one of those hands where my skill was no match for the other player's luck. I even dipped to below my original buy-in at one point, but came back strong in a huge hand with two other players calling my all-in bet. When my king-high heart flush held up I scooped a pot with about $200 in it. I cashed out at 2am with $196 for a net profit of $136, dissapointing for the amount of money that was actually up for grabs, but not bad for a three hour session either.
I'm not sure if I'll get any play in this weekend, but I will be down in AC early next week.
As I am not big on political correctness, Merry Christmas to all!!

5 comments:

akjn westside said...

PokerPro,
Merry Christmas!
I realize that I've known you gfor over half my life, and how good that is!
We are looking forward to hanging out in the New Year...we have to get the gang out to West Chester...maybe a blogger dinner?!
Please extend holiday greeting to your family, especially your sis :)

akjn westside said...

sorry for the misspell...ak's mom and I are into our third bottle of vino on top of our morning Bloodys... :)

cns said...

merry christmas poker pro

tedman said...

Dang! Pretty good card playing. How'd Slewright Maxwell do?

PokerPro said...

Ted, Maxwell jr walked with a cool $15 net profit and Hirsty broke even.