Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

After an impromptu blogger meeting I was inspired to post this weekend. CNN, Chuck, Ted and I met for a few pints at Sligo on Saturday night (CNN had slightly more than a few, but that may be an entirely different blog entry) and the mood was festive and blog-inspiring, as was Isabella, the newest addition to the wait staff.
While Chuck left us early for a prior committment somewhere on the main line, CNN, Ted and I remained for a few more and even made a trek down the street to Quotations for some warm Hoegartens.
on Friday I headed down to my second favorite city and logged about 10 hours of play at the table. The Borgata poker room was overflowing due to the huge turn-out for their $50k guaranteed tournament so open seats were hard to find and I headed over to Harrah's to wait out the rush. I hadn't been there in at least six months and the new expansion was impressive. I sat in a new no-limit game that was forming and played for about four hours before heading back to the Borgata for dinner. I only managed to play a few hands in the four hours, with one stretch of at least an hour and a half without playing a single hand. I took advantage of the few playable hands and left the game winner.
After a little filet mignon and pecan encrusted salmon at Borgata I made my way to the poker room and was seated right away at a no-limit table. I doubled up my stake fairly early on when I flopped a set of eights, got all my money in with one other player and I survived his nut flush draw. Later in the night I got involved in a big hand with the same player and he was able to extract his revenge on me by getting lucky enough to make two pair against my top pair. That hand alone cost me about $1600 and since it was approaching 1 am, I decided to call it quits for the night and head back to Media with a small loss for the night thanks to my earlier win at Harrah's.
So now it is early afternoon Easter day and I am awaiting the start of the Masters coverage where I will be rooting for Tiger to take down yet another green jacket.

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

the filet always seems to compliment your playing...keep up with the red meat!