Monday, November 13, 2006

Trump Classic


This month brings the return of the Trump Classic poker tournament at the Taj in AC running from November 27 to December 17 with 24 events scheduled . I didn't play in this one last year, but the year before I had some good results with two satellite wins and a 20th place (in the money) finish in the No-Limit Hold-em event which had a starting field of 245. The numbers this year will be much higher with closer to 1000 entries likely in some events. If the structure of the tournament is good, I plan to play the Limit event (#1) that kicks off the series on November 27. I booked my complimentary room today and I am going to follow in Ted's steps and commit in this public forum to play in the following events (so far). December 4th is the No-Limit Hold-em Tag Team event (#11). This is the first time I have seen this format and it should be interesting. You enter the event with a partner and each player takes turns playing the same stack of chips, swapping seats every thirty minutes or so. December 5th is the No-Limit Hold-em Six Handed event (#12) where instead of starting with ten players to a table, there will only be 6 players to a table, including the final table. This requires a slightly different strategy to full table play as the rising blind structure forces more action faster with less players at the table. December 7th is a regular No-Limit Hold-em event (#13). In between these events are some seven card stud and Omaha events as well as the Ladies Only and Seniors events (I have heard of guys dressing up as girls to get into the ladies event, but I don't even want to think about playing in a senior's event just yet, especially with my 20 year high school reunion this month already reminding me of the passing years!).
After these events I will see how things go and may play in more events as we approach the Championship event on December 16, which is a two-day event with a $5000 buy-in.
So now I am committed to playing those events and reporting the results, good or bad, for everyone to see.

No comments: