Friday, March 31, 2006

More Fun With Nigerians

I sent the following e-mail to the lawyer in London representing Mrs. Hariri and I am still waiting for his reply. When I get it I will add it below so be sure to check back here:

Mr. Johnson,
I am happy to hear the opportunity to assist Mrs. Hariri is still available and I can
assure you that my current legal issues will have no impact on our business at hand.
In regards to your request for information from me, I believe I may have
accidentally deleted your original e-mail while purging my system of unwanted spam.

What information do you need exactly for us to complete this transaction? I opened
a new account at my bank specifically to facilitate this transaction.
When I mentioned to the bank officer that I needed to open a new
account into which I could transfer $36 million,
he said " wow, you will certainly get free checking"!

I laughed at first, but then I realized that free checking is no laughing matter!

I must inform you at this time that telephone communication is going to be
difficult for us as my tongue was horribly mangled in a tragic cellphone
accident several years ago. In person, I can easily communicate with bits
of scrap paper and hand signs, but over the phone you would never be
able to comprehend my garbled attempts at speech. You will be happy to
know that while my handicap has been difficult to overcome, I have not
lost my sense of taste and still enjoy dining at gourmet restaurants
and sampling fine wines and cognacs.


Be that as it may, we will be confined to e-mail and/or fax messages for
the remainder of this transaction. I check my e-mail daily and will
promptly reply to any future correspondence.


I will be anxiously awaiting your further instructions.

Yours Truly,

Horace P. Manuer
Ceo/Media Wireless Group

Notice that I went back to the original spelling of my last name. Let's see if he picks up on it, too.

9 comments:

cns said...

hysterical

cns said...

thanks pp!

akjn westside said...

lol tim...this guy write to ak's mom 3 years ago after his stepdad died....they've been waiting a long time for the 36 mil! too funny...keep it up!

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

PP-- Your blog has a content wedgie. All your links and such are scrunched all the way down to the bottom. Something is amiss in your template.

Chuck said...

PP - where is a cheap place to stay in AC, and/or any deals at the ShowBoat?

JahWorks is playing on Friday and we're thinking of going down.

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Chuck-- I've always found the Greyhound station to be quite cheap, climate controlled and nice. They have a fabulous snack bar too.

PokerPro said...

Chuck, if you're not a player its hard to get deals, but try calling showboat, taj or resorts and see if they have any deals. I'd try to get you a free romm but I have to be there at check in.

Chuck said...

I looked into the Greyhound station but they were all booked up with gypies, tramps and thieves.

PokerPro said...

are you sure you weren't calling the Claridge?