Friday, January 13, 2006

Not Much to Say

I am sorry to say that I just haven't had anything to really write about recently. I hadn't even played any poker yet this year until Wednesday nite. I ended up loser for the night after playing my final hand where I raised the blinds $10 before the flop and was accidentally re-reraised by a player who wasn't paying attention. You see, verbal bets are binding in legitimate poker games and when he announced raise without knowing I had already raised he was committed to raise at least the minimum bet. Since I had made it $12 he had to make at least $22 ($10 was the minimum amount he could raise). He made it $24 anyway, which is what I had been hoping for in the first place so I could come over the top and move all in with my pocket kings. Another player who had called my original bet dropped out after I moved all-in, but the other player actually called my all-in bet (he was on his 7th rebuy of the evening, stuck over $420, by the way) and turned over a pathetic Ace-Five offsuit. I sort of knew he was going to suck out on me as the poker gods had not been kind all night. Of course he caught an ace on the river to win the pot and I stood up, grabbed my coat and left. I had had enough of seeing the best hand lose on the river and just decided to call it a night.
I have some tourneys coming up soon, including the Winter Classic at Borgata ( a World Poker Tour event) that starts next Friday (1/20) and there is a World Series of Poker Circuit event at Harrah's in February, too. I have big plans for 2006 and need to get back into a regular schedule of playing in Atlantic City again. I was happy to discover that I am now officially a part of the Cardplayer Magazine database of players with an official Player of the Year point ranking and everything. I didn't do diddly in '05, but had two cashes in rated events from '04 that still qualify me for the list. I plan to improve that ranking this year!
Other than that, not much to report yet. I did finally read the DaVinci Code and I am now reading "See no Evil" the book that inspired the movie Syriana.
I am off to Kildare's for happy hour tonight to meet some old friends from high school so that should be interesting.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Tim,

I figured it all out - It was Sue Lawley that dated Joe Cuchinato back in middle school.

Bridgett dated my friend Andy Yocom (in HS), but I still think she had dirty blond hair.....