Friday, January 27, 2006

Media Represents at Borgata Winter Classic

The turnout for the Borgata Winter Classic was impressive and the poker craze is far from "jumping the shark". The first event last Friday had 1323 entries for a prize pool of over $660k. The second event, on Saturday, had 864 players for a prize pool of over $640k, and the official headline reads "30-something Media Man Wins $176k at Borgata!". Unfortunately, the man was 32 year old Mike Hickman, not yours truly. Who knew Media was such a hotbed of poker? I don't know Mike personally, but he is a friend of a friend. It was a nice score for him and I know I will be in that position this year, too. The $10,000 buy-in Main Event will start on Sunday and will be televised for the World Poker Tour on the Travel Channel. As bad as I wanted to play, when the cards were dealt I just wasn't as focused as I needed to be. That's poker. Next month is the World Series of Poker Circuit event at Harrah's in Atlantic City and hopefully I can rise to the occasion there. I did win a little in the cash games if that is any consolation.

5 comments:

akjn westside said...

glad you walked away with some cash...wish you were the "Media" man they wrote about...I don't doubt that your name will be in lights soon...keep pokering (is that a word?)
..stil haven't seen you in person to wish you happy new year..we have to do something about that!

cns said...

poker...tim doesn't even know her

you'll take us out for those $47 steaks when u win big right?

akjn westside said...

ruth chris' ... we're in on the steak dinner

Chuck said...

Before I decide if it's enough consolation, what's "a little"???

I'm picturing you walking away with less than you would at Granger's on a Friday.

PokerPro said...

A big win at Granger's is beer money. In the Wallingford game a big win is $600 to $1000 and in AC a "little win" in a cash game is about the same.