Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More Poker

I played at Borgata yesterday. Same game, No Limit Hold Em. The table had a few strange players so I played very carefully early on. I also managed to get some great cards and showed some big hands which enabled me to take down some pots with nothing a few times. After being up for a while I lost alot of chips on a big hand when I played my pocket kings strong after the flop and ran into a gambler who stayed in against me with rags and got lucky to catch two pair. It hurt and while I don't usually let hands get to me, this one was for alot of money and I had to get up and go for a walk to cool down. I had $20 in free slot dollars courtesy of the Borgata, so I sat at a Wheel of Fortune slot machine and loaded in the free money. I have never hit the "spin" reel so many times before. I was up over $100 in no time. I cashed out with my new found $100 and feeling a little better, headed back to the poker room to rejoin the game. A pivotal hand that actually meant the difference between me going home loser or winner came up later that night. . The hand was raised by the player on my immediate right, I reraised and he went all in and I quickly called. I was the one who needed to get lucky this time and did so by catching a queen on the river to make trip queens against the monster pair of kings my opponent held. Winning a hand as a 4-1 dog feels a hell of alot better than losing one as a 20-1 favorite! That hand sent that player for a long walk, too!
Dinner was delicious as always. I had grilled lamb chops and an Oreo parfait for dessert.
I didn't get home until almost 1 am. I am headed back down tomorrow, as well.

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

keep up the winning streak!