Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Missing Money

I read an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer the other day about a lady that searches public databases for missing money and unclaimed property for charities and schools. She had just found $35,000 for the School District of Philadelphia that was being held by the State of Texas. The article listed the sites she uses and I went on today to check it out for myself. On the first site I tried, I ran a search for my name and found two items. One is an uncashed dividend check from a Dean Witter account I had in the early nineties (about $110) and the other is an 8000 share stock certificate from a Morgan Stanley account I had back in 1992! I called the 800 number and spoke to a woman at the PA Treasury Dept. and she told me what the items were and took down my info to mail me the claim forms. I am to fill them out, get them notarized and mail them back, then they send me my stuff! I thought that was pretty cool and now I am going to run a few more searches and see what else I can find!

4 comments:

akjn westside said...

sweet! i am interested in those databases...
nice work, pokerpro

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

PP: where's the link, I Think I have some unused bar tabs in Media...perhaps I could transfer my drinks to my friends in Media....PinF

Chuck said...

If you guys search long enough, you will probably find out that I owe you money...


(just incase, where the links?)

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Chuck: Of course you owe us....I was trying to be PC.....good work on "gently" broaching the subject PokerPro......