Friday, May 04, 2007

Guess Where I was?


OK, you get three guesses where I have been and the first two don't count. I had what I will classify as an uneventful day at the tables yesterday. Yes, I lost, but after the last few winning sessions I cannot complain. Besides, this game is just a continuation of one long session from January through December and I am still in the black for the year. For those of you who have not had the good fortune of actually seeing inside the Borgata poker room, I have included a snapshot here for your viewing pleasure.
So nothing too exciting to talk about. I was thinking about playing in the Opie and Anthony poker tournament at the Showboat later this month, I just can't stand those guys and if they are actually present it could affect my play! Borgata has a $250k guaranteed event this month, too.
Last weekend we saw AKJN off to Cali with a nice dinner at CNN's. I thought she would have some pics up by now, but she is probably still nursing the Stella headache she woke up with last Sunday. Good thing I am a responsible drinker or Ted, CNN and Jenny from the block would have been stranded at the Plummer!
Tomorrow is the running of the 133d Kentucky Derby. There is a large field of 20 horses running, but I have narrowed it down to four that I like. Hard Spun #8, Scat Daddy #14, Any Given Saturday #18 and Street Sense #7. I'm still undecided about the favorite, Curlin #2. I will be heading out to the turf club today to place a few bets and I'll keep you posted.
It's Friday and that is a plus, hopefully I will have something more blog-worthy come Monday.

No comments: