Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and all that other crap!

Christmas is now a not-so-distant memory and we are all looking forward to New Year's Eve with great anticipation (at least I am anyway) even though I have no plans as of yet. I'm still hoping someone will call with last minute news of a killer party being held somewhere in the area. The big day was relaxed and enjoyable and at this stage in life it is all about the kids anymore. We get to re-live all the joys of Christmas' past vicariously through our children, or in my case, my seven nieces and nephews. Maybe its just me, but it just doesn't feel like the same holiday it used to be anymore, although the cookies still taste the same as they always did! I spent Xmas with my mom and my sister's family out in bucolic Oxford, PA, where you can still hear the romantic clip clop of horse-drawn Amish buggies on the road and you can gently awake to the nauseating stench of manure from the nearby mushroom farms. Oh yes, give me the country life!
In another wonderous Christmas miracle, Granger and his Easy Money team racked up the points exactly when they needed them to come from behind and win so Kro and I finished in 4th place in Fantasy Football this season! We still feel good about making the playoffs in our team's inaugural season, but the pain of having to listen to Granger brag about his miracle victory for the next 12 months is a little too much to bear right now.
I plan to just take it easy for the next few days and gear up for the new year. I'll give some thought to some resolutions I may or may not make and set some goals for 2007, as well.
If anyone knows of a rocking New Year's Eve Party you know how to reach me!

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

saw Kro & Granger today-I didn't bring it up!
glad you had a nice xmas, and look forward to seeing you soon :)